Insurance Services


Your home is likely your most valuable asset. When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands this simple fact. First South Insurance Agency can help you find the homeowners insurance that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and fair pricing.

Whether you’re a home or condo owner, a renter, or a landlord, we will work with you to find a homeowners insurance policy that fits your needs. We specialize in making it easy to choose the insurance coverage that gives you the best value for the best price. Worried you are not completely covered? Consider an umbrella insurance policy that extends your coverage.

The coverage is very similar to a homeowners policy, with one significant difference – a dwelling fire policy is created for someone that does not make the property their primary residence. If you need to insure a rental or investment property, a dwelling fire policy is a smart decision. When you own a home and rent it out, incidents like accidents, natural disasters, or theft can leave you vulnerable to paying large sums of money if you aren’t properly covered. We know the value you place on it and can offer a product specifically for landlords to protect their assets. You've worked hard to build your income renter by renter, don't let one event take it all away. Contact an agent today.

You work hard for your home and everything inside it — and that’s worth protecting. That’s why we provide the customized mobile and manufactured home coverage you need to protect what matters most.

When purchasing a mobile home, you may not be aware that it requires different coverages than a normal homeowners policy. These manufactured home have special requirements due to the transportability and construction. Your home represents a significant financial investment — protecting it takes careful research, and a First South agent can help as you choose the coverage you want.

The basic types of coverage may include:

  • Mobile Home Liability Coverage: Covers you if a visitor on your property gets injured due to your negligence, or if you damage someone else's property and you are taken to court
  • Property damage: Covers any significant loss to your property that requires repair
  • Personal property: Covers your belongings in case of burglary or theft, as well as damage or loss due to weather events or disasters like fires, tornadoes or falling objects

Talk to an agent today and learn about all the options and potential discounts so you can choose the coverage you want.

Renters insurance acts as a home insurance policy for those who rent their place of residence. Whether you live in a condo, apartment, house, duplex, etc., renters insurance can protect you and your assets. You'll need renter's insurance to protect your belongings from perils like theft, vandalism, fire, and falling objects the minute you begin renting.

Having renter’s insurance can help devoid costs of damages should anything happen to a rental property that you are living in. It can also help to cover the costs of lawsuits, living expenses if you need to move out temporarily, and medical bills if you or a visitor is injured.

Do not make the mistake of assuming your landlord's insurance will cover you and your assets. A landlord’s policy covers only the physical structure of the rental property, not your belongings. If the person who owns the building has rental insurance, they will be protected from costs to them should something happen to the building, but they are not responsible for covering your belongings.

Once you decide the amount of coverage you need, we can tailor a package to fit your renters insurance needs. Your premium can rely on your deductible and any extra coverage you decide to select. To recognize the worth of your things, keep receipts. Keep an inventory of all the things you own and do not underestimate their price. Consider photographing or videotaping every space and storing them digitally, in a fireproof box or at a safety lock box at the bank.

Whether you are starting out, between homes, or downsizing, First South will help you pick the coverage that protects you, your family and your personal property.

We offer specialized high value home insurance policies that are designed specifically to protect the property of our most affluent clients and their luxurious homes. Whether you have an expansive estate, a custom built home or a beachfront home, you can rely on our experienced agents to provide you with a comprehensive high value homeowners insurance policy that is precisely designed to meet your unique needs.

If you are the owner of a high value home, it is important that you understand that a standard home insurance policy will not meet your coverage needs adequately. For high end homeowners, First South offers exceptional polices that are designed with broad coverage and high limits to ensure you receive the protection that you need.

If you have a high value property with expensive furnishings, art collections, jewelry, antiques and more, you cannot afford to go another moment without proper coverage. Click on the quote request button now to receive your no obligation quote for the best high value home insurance.

An auto insurance policy can help get you back on the road quickly if your car is damaged or destroyed by an accident, fire, theft, or other event covered by your insurance policy. Your car insurance policy may also provide protection against medical and legal expenses resulting from injury, loss of life, or property damage caused by an accident involving your vehicle. We can help you determine the best coverage for your needs.

Choosing the appropriate level of auto insurance coverage depends on a number of factors, including assets you must protect (liability coverage), value of your vehicle (collision and comprehensive), the amount of money you can afford to pay out-of-pocket (deductibles), and your tolerance for risk.

Automobile insurance provides you with protection for what is likely one of the greatest investments that you will make in your lifetime. If an accident does occur, you will be able to pay for related medical expenses. In addition, in the event of a lawsuit, you will be able to protect all of the assets that you have worked so hard throughout your lifetime to accumulate.

In addition to collisions and weather-related damage, your auto insurance policy will also protect you against the financial devastation brought on by theft and vandalism.

Our professional auto insurance agents in the surrounding Midlands, Lowcountry and Pee Dee areas can assist you in finding the right car insurance you need with the peace of mind and confidence that comes with knowing that you are adequately protected each time you head out on the highways.

Classics are best defined as "fun-to-drive" vehicles that maintain or appreciate in value and are used primarily for pleasure. They are usually in the category of antique once the vehicle is 15-20 years old or older. Collector car insurance coverage can also include exotic autos, sports cars and rare automobiles.

Because of its value, your classic car deserves better insurance than an everyday driver. In the same way that you customize your ride, you can customize your classic car policy: the car's value, the miles you need each year and more can all be adjusted for you. You might be a driver that goes to all the shows or you may drive only limited miles--pay for what you need.

When you insure your classic car on its own policy, the low cost and the numerous collector features that can be added to your classic cars policy will surprise you.

You need modern insurance for your classic car according to miles driven, vehicle age and vehicle modifications to make sure you have the best policy to meet your needs. Talk with us today to identify the best combination of coverage, value and price for you.

Owning a motorcycle can be one of the most exhilarating things in life, but according to statistics from the National Safety Council, a motorcycle accident that causes serious bodily injury happens every 14 seconds in the United States. Additionally, motorcycle theft is increasing every year around the country, and only 20-25% of motorcycles that are stolen are ever found. These statistics, along with the fact that 80% of all motorcycle crashes result in a fatality, are startling reminders why complete protection is essential if you are a motorcycle owner.

Whether you’re a weekend warrior, a casual rider, or a hardcore motorcyclist, our motorcycle insurance policy offers protection for you, your bike, and your accessories. Our policy is designed to meet the personal and financial needs of most motorcycle owners.

Most companies offer coverages similar to auto insurance policy. This would include your bodily injury and property damage liability. You may also consider additional South Carolina motorcycle insurance including medical payments, comprehensive and collision coverage. Uninsured motorist covers you in the event you are injured by someone who does not carry insurance or may not have enough insurance to cover your injuries.

Even if you’ve been riding for years, it’s a good idea to take a close look at your motorcycle insurance coverage. Things change, times change, and chances are your policy may need to be updated to meet your changing lifestyle. No matter what you own - a sport bike, cruiser, standard, touring bike, or a sweet custom ride - you can turn to us for great rates and the best coverage. Rev up your savings today and enjoy the freedom of the open road!

All Terrain Vehicles, Quad, Four Wheelers: whatever name you call it, the fun is still just as good. If you’re using it as a weekend cruiser, running around the farm, or taking it hunting – having your ATV is a lot of fun, but it’s also a big investment. What happens if it’s sitting in the garage and a poorly placed battery ruins the gas tank and engine? Does your homeowners policy cover it? What if you’re not on your property and have an accident? Are you or your ATV covered? Even worse, if someone steals it from your backyard, or it’s hit while waiting to load your quad onto the trailer at your favorite trail – how are you going to replace it?

Not all states mandate insurance on your ATV or UTV, but places where you ride it might—like private property areas and state or public parks. Also, if you’re financing your vehicle, some lenders will require comprehensive and collision coverage. Your price will depend on many factors, including your ATV’s make, model and location. Your age and driving history will also help determine your rate.

Let us help you find the right coverage for your special vehicle to protect your investment.

No matter what size or features it has, your new RV may have something missing. Without a solid South Carolina RV insurance policy, you are leaving your investment at risk. Even if you have a current auto policy that offers some coverage, your motor coach, trailer or fifth-wheel needs the special features that only a recreational vehicle insurance policy can offer.

RV Insurance is like two policies in one: it protects your vehicle like car insurance and it also protects your living area like home insurance. Collision and road emergencies are definite risks to insure against. But when you are camping or parked, your RV becomes your home and needs to be protected against theft, liability and other disasters.

As your Independent Insurance Agency located in Lexington, Florence and Hilton Head, South Carolina, we have connections with some of the top rated insurance companies which allows us to find competitive rates and the right coverage for your recreational vehicle, motorhome, travel trailer, camper and even your horse trailer.

If you own a golf cart, it’s a good idea to buy golf cart insurance, and it may be required by your Homeowner Association (HOA) or state.

Whether you use your golf cart from green to green or just around your gated community or condo complex, customized coverages from specialty golf cart insurance will protect you and your vehicle. We can cover you for virtually any non-commercial purpose and location.

Insurance requirements for golf carts will vary, but it’s worth having a golf cart insurance policy even in states that don’t mandate one—especially if you plan to drive your golf cart around your neighborhood. Your homeowners insurance may not cover you away from the fairways, but golf cart insurance will.

Some insurers offer a "beefed up" addition to the homeowner's policy called a "golf cart endorsement." It provides protection from liability and physical damage to the cart, and may cover theft, vandalism and other costs. However, the endorsement is usually void if the cart is:

  • Used to carry people for money or for other business purposes
  • Driven in a race
  • Rented to someone else
  • Driven anywhere but within the boundaries of a recognized retirement or limited access community, on a golf course, or traveling to and from a golf course
  • Driven by someone not licensed to drive a private passenger vehicle

Notice that the golf cart endorsement typically won't cover you if your unlicensed child is driving. If you have a golf cart, compare homeowners insurance policies carefully and choose one with the options that best meet your needs.

If you own a townhouse or condominium, you have different insurance needs than the typical SC home insurance policy can offer you. Not only do you own your individual condo, you also share ownership in the common areas and overall structure of your building. If shared areas need upkeep and maintenance, your association will typically handle the expense through their insurance package. Although your association dues help pay for upkeep of the common areas, they do not typically cover your personal property within your own unit, or your liability if someone is injured on your property. This creates some unique circumstances and risks.

Introducing the three forms of condo insurance coverage:

  • Dwelling: Protects you in the event of structural damage.
  • Personal property: Protects your goodies from theft and damage.
  • Liability: Helps to pay expenses like medical bills if you or a guest are injured on your property.

Condo and town house coverage protects your possessions within your unit, including furniture, appliances, kitchen and bath facilities and your personal items. If you plan on upgrading your unit, any improvements you make will also be covered under your policy, including wall units, renovations, and wallpaper.

If you have a mortgage, your lender will likely require condo insurance. We'll help coordinate the details with your lender. Plus, you'll usually be able to combine your insurance payments in your monthly mortgage bill (called escrow).

If you would like to feel more secure, you should look into purchasing a condo or town house insurance plan from First South Insurance. Contact us to get a quote right now!

You need coastal property insurance that can handle the variety of natural disasters unique to the coast. Hurricanes, rising tides, freak storms can all ruin your wonderful retreat. Fortunately, you can shelter yourself from the financial risk.

At First South Insurance Agency, we have the experience and insurance companies to make sure you have all of what's important to keep you protected. We service the Hilton Head, Bluffton, Pee Dee and Florence areas along the coast and we will help keep you from sinking.

When you insure your boat you are protecting it and its contents against damage or loss while boating. You also are buying liability coverage, and this is just as important as the liability protection that you buy for your car. Boating accidents can happen and sometimes they can be serious.

We can offer a wide variety of coverages and options for your boat, jet ski or personal watercraft. Some boats or smaller watercraft may even be covered under your current homeowners policy. The size, type and value of your boat, personal watercraft or jet ski will be part of the determining factors in evaluating your SC insurance coverage needs.

Let one of our experienced agents give you the coverage you need and recommendations to best fit your situation. The following list some of the many coverages that we can offer:

  • Physical Damage Coverage - Adding this coverage to your policy protects your boat while in storage and during transport. This covers your boat as well when out of the water, including but not limited to: fire, lightning, vandalism or theft. You can also obtain emergency service reimbursement for expenses related to towing, labor or supplies.
  • Liability Coverage - This coverage will assist you in the event of a collision with another boat, dock or other boaters.
  • Personal Liability - protecting you or family member if you have an accident that causes injury to another person.
  • Medical Payments - covering medical expenses if you or someone in your boat is involved in an accident.
  • Property Damage - damage that may be caused to another persons property while operating your watercraft.

We can evaluate your boat or jet ski insurance needs to find special coverages you many need or any discounts you many qualify for. Some additional discounts and coverages may include:

  • Accident forgiveness
  • Roadside Assistance
  • Boat Removal
  • Boating Safety
  • Multi policy discounts

Flood damage can be devastating for any family, and most flood losses are not covered by your standard home insurance policy. Also, don't rely on the federal government to assist you in the event of a massive flood situation. Although it may not seem like much even a few inches of water can cause serious damage; resulting in thousands of dollars in repair and restoration costs.

Your standard South Carolina flood insurance policy would apply to homes, condos, mobile homes, businesses and rentals that are in flood zone areas. Typically, your flood insurance policy is dependent on your flood zone risk.

We have multiple options for your flood insurance in South Carolina:

  • Building, contents, replacement cost coverages
  • Different coverage options available
  • Standard flood insurance coverage
  • Optional excess flood coverage
  • Affordable rates

Building coverage is designed to protect the structure of your home or business and cover appliances and other property items that are considered part of your property including air conditioners, dishwashers and cabinets. You will also want to consider coverage for your personal property as well, such as furniture and clothing.

Policies have different options so contact one of our staff at 803-356-0303 for any questions you may have about your SC flood insurance policy.

First South Insurance Agency can help you with regular wind and excessive wind insurance coverage. We can’t control the weather but we can control the coverage you need to protect your assets.

The need to replace a roof is one of the single largest expenses a property owner can incur. In addition to having insurance it is important for property owners and managers to conduct regular roof inspections and budget accordingly for repairs to avoid deferred maintenance.

All property owners and managers should have wind and hail insurance for their properties as you never know when and where the wind will blow or hail will fall. However, locations in coastal areas are much more prone to a wind event such as a tropical storm and hurricane as are locations in inland convective storm areas which are more prone to non-named wind-hail storms and tornadoes.

Contact us today to make sure you're covered. Our team will “blow” you away with excellent customer service.

It is important to protect your property from any damage that may occur as a result of an earthquake. Damage from an earthquake can result in thousands of dollars and most homeowners policies don't cover earthquake damage. At First South, we can find the right combination of coverage and price.

  • Home coverage - covering damage to your home
  • Living expense - if your home is considered unlivable after a quake
  • Personal property - if your possessions are damaged in the event of an earthquake

Let one of our South Carolina earthquake specialists shop our many earthquake insurance companies to find you the right policy. Call us today at 803-356-0303!

A standard homeowners policy includes coverage for jewelry and other precious items such as watches and furs. These items are covered for losses caused by all the perils included in your policy such as fire, windstorm, theft and vandalism.

However, there are special limits of liability for certain valuable items, such as the theft of jewelry. To keep coverage affordable, because jewelry can be easily stolen, the standard policy has a relatively low limit of liability for theft—generally about $1,500. This means that the insurer will not pay more than the amount specified in the policy for any given piece of jewelry or other valuable item.

If you own valuable jewelry, furs, collectibles or other items that would be difficult to replace, there are two ways you can increase coverage:

  • Raise the limit of the liability. This is the less expensive option; however, the amounts are still limited for both individual pieces and overall losses. For example, limit to a claim for the loss of an individual piece could be $2,000, with the overall limit at $5,000.
  • Purchase a floater policy and “schedule” your individual valuables. While more costly, this option offers the broadest protection for valuables. Floaters cover losses of any type, including those your homeowners insurance policy will not cover, such as accidental losses—say, dropping your ring down the kitchen sink drain or leaving an expensive watch in a hotel room. Before purchasing a floater, the items covered must be professionally appraised; you can ask your insurance professional to recommend a reputable appraisal firm.

Umbrella Insurance provides exactly the type of coverage that it sounds like it would; it provides an umbrella for you to stand under. Liability issues are everywhere and you never know what could cause someone to present you with a lawsuit. Basically, Umbrella Insurance policies protect you from liability issues that go beyond the liability limits of standard insurance policies, such as your home or auto insurance.

You get into an auto accident; someone falls into your pool; whatever the fluke occurrence - you can be sued. What if you are sued and the award goes to the plaintiff? Umbrella Insurance kicks in when these situations present themselves and/or you exceed the amount of liability coverage for the events that are already allowed under your regular insurance policies.

Most liability coverage that rests within your current insurance policies only covers bodily injury and property damage to others. Umbrella policies will extend those limits to not only provide additional coverage for bodily injury and property damage, but also to cover things that are not listed under regular liability allowances. Every policy is different, so what is considered a covered liability issue under one insurance line may not be covered on another insurance line.

Umbrella Insurance is typically purchased at a low cost to you, but will provide enough coverage to where you shouldn’t have to worry about liability costs in the future. Contact us to find out more about umbrella insurance in the Midlands, Florence and Hilton Head areas.


Commercial auto insurance covers a variety of vehicle types (trucks, vans, cars) and drivers (hired, non-owned vehicles), and coverages (owned, rented or leased) as well as some types of motorized equipment for physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy. This type of business insurance covers a variety of vehicles and is also referred to as commercial car insurance, truck insurance, or fleet insurance.

Even if your business vehicles are not the primary way your business makes money, they may be the primary way your company loses money. Without a great business auto insurance policy you may be overpaying and left underinsured.

Commercial auto insurance in South Carolina is different than personal vehicle insurance. Not only are there generally multiple vehicles but the liability from accidents or claims extends to your business.

You need to make sure that your coverage levels for your business auto insurance are high enough to protect your business and you personally from any claims--even unwarranted ones--that can be devastating.

Commercial auto insurance is remarkably inexpensive--especially given how important the protection is to your business.

SC Commercial auto insurance can cover all of the following risks:

  • Comprehensive and Collision
  • Emergency Roadside Assistance
  • Liability
  • Medical Payments
  • Loss of earnings
  • Uninsured Motor Vehicle

It's available to any business owner who owns vehicles used for a commercial purpose. Coverage protects owners against damage and liability claims.

Every business is unique – talk to First South today to find out how to get the best business auto insurance, service, price and value.

Commercial Property insurance covers the building that your business owns or rents. Losses from fire, break-in, vandalism, wind and other natural or manmade disasters are examples of what is typically covered.

Let the agents at First South Insurance Agency evaluate your commercial property insurance needs to find the best suite for your liabilities and risks.

Commercial Property insurance is one of the most important types of insurance to protect your business. These are a few of the different types of coverages:

  • Buildings and other structures
  • Furniture & Equipment
  • Inventory
  • Records
  • Computers
  • Outdoor Signs
  • Improvements to Property
  • Earthquake
  • Glass & Fine Arts
  • Outdoor Fences and Walls
  • Employee Benefits Liability
  • Employers Liability
  • Hired and Non-owned Auto Liability
  • Owned Commercial Auto

SC Commercial Property Insurance can be tailored to meet specific risk concerns, allowing you to opt for more coverage for some exposures, and less for others. As a business, we understand your complex needs and the importance of comprehensive insurance. Let us help you today.

This coverage packages liability and property coverage into one policy. Common for small-medium size businesses with commercial buildings or personal property.

  • Property coverage - protecting your building and contents that are owned by the company.
  • Liability protection - covering the company's products or operations that may result in the damage or injury to another.
  • Business Interruption - this protects your company from fire or other accident that may result in loss of income or operation of the company.
  • Other coverages - may include equipment breakdown, crime, liability, signage

Keep in mind also that you need separate coverage for your commercial autos, workers compensation and group employee benefits like health and life insurance. Let one of our business owners policies specialists find the right coverage for you today.

General liability, also known as “commercial liability insurance” is a broad commercial insurance policy that covers general liability exposures of a business such as Errors and Omissions (E&O), Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) and Directors and Officers Insurance (D&O).

It addresses accidents stemming from on-site mishaps, as well as any injuries or damages incurred as a result of using goods or services sold on-premises. In addition to the financial limits of the policy, it can be designed to cover supplemental payments for attorney fees, court costs and other expenses associated with a claim or the defense of a liability suit.

Your insurance agent can create a customized policy for you to include different types and amounts of coverage. The following coverage is often included in a general liability line:

Protection of your business’ property from:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Vandalism

Claims due to:

  • Bodily injury
  • Property Damage
  • Negligence

First South Insurance Agency recommends that all businesses have general liability coverage in place. Certain SC businesses face more risk of accidents or injuries, so doing an analysis of your business can help in finding the best General Liability plan that fits your needs. Call us today at 803-356-0303!

Builders risk is a specialized type of property insurance designed for buildings under construction. Also known as “course of construction" insurance, builders risk coverage begins on the policy effective date and ends when the work is completed and the property is ready for use or occupancy.

This policy protects builders and contractors from losses to property and financially in the event of an incident. Losses may occur to the property or structure but may include the materials used on the job site. Our agency can help protect you in the event of a fire, flood or theft. You may also opt to have additional coverage in the event of losses due to project penalties or unexpected costs, like taxes.

Options for a South Carolina builders risk policy include:

  • Policy time frames
  • New Construction, remodeling & rehabs
  • Coverage for framing, cleanup, debris
  • Financial costs due to delays
  • Project sites and trailers
  • And more....

Because every construction project is different, no two builders risk policies are alike. Generally, however, most builders risk policies cover property losses due to fire, lightning, hail, explosions, hurricanes, theft, vandalism and many other risks. Earthquake, flood and wind in beach zones are usually excluded, but coverage extensions may be purchased for projects in locations that are vulnerable to these types of risks. Other standard exclusions include ordinary wear and tear, acts of terrorism and war, employee theft, rust and corrosion, mechanical breakdowns, and damage resulting from faulty design, planning, workmanship and materials.

Any person or company with a financial interest in the construction project needs builders risk coverage. Stakeholders include the property owner as well as the general contractor and subcontractors who have an interest until the project is installed and they are paid. If the project is being financed, the lender may require coverage and will also be a named insured under the policy. Architects and engineers may also be named on the policy if they are not otherwise covered.

A waiver of subrogation is a standard inclusion in builders risk policies. Through this clause, each party to the contract agrees to waive their right of subrogation against others on the job to the extent that the policy covers the damage.

Contact us to find out more about builders risk insurance in South Carolina.

Garage liability insurance is specialty insurance targeted to the automotive industry. Automobile dealerships, parking lots or parking garages operators, tow-truck operators, service stations, and customization and repair shops will add garage liability insurance to their business liability coverage.

  • Third-party injuries.
  • Property damage caused by equipment owned by the business.
  • Liability claims such as discrimination and employee dishonesty.
  • Products manufactured or sold by the shop that cause damage to a customer’s vehicle.

Business owners who operate these companies are not only relied upon to transport or fix their customers’ vehicles, but they are also entrusted with keeping the property safe while it is in their control. Garage liability insurance and garagekeepers insurance policies are designed to help you protect your customers’ property and your business in the event that accidents, injuries or property damage occur. These two types of insurance complement each other and ensure that you don't have any gaps in coverage. Garage owners can add endorsements for coverage of customers’ personal property that is in their care.

A garagekeepers insurance policy protects you if a customer’s vehicle is damaged while it is at your business. This coverage is not included in a standard garage liability policy. It protects customers' vehicles from damages while in your possession or control as a result of:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Extreme weather
  • Vandalism at your place of business.

It does not cover damage that occurs from faulty workmanship or parts or insufficient warranties. Basic garagekeepers liability insurance excludes coverage for the contents of your customers' vehicles, such as the items in their glove box or trunk and any non-factory stereo equipment. You can, however, add an endorsement to your garagekeepers policy to extend coverage to personal property kept inside customers' vehicles. This is not necessary to avoid any liability exposure, but it does encourage goodwill and will bolster your reputation in the event a client's vehicle and its contents become damaged or destroyed.

South Carolina Inland Marine insurance was first created to cover goods transported over water. Now this policy has expanded to cover goods on land and is offered for Commercial or Personal property.

For many businesses, the property insurance provided by your Business Owners Policy (BOP) or Commercial Package Policy (CPP) may be sufficient. In general, these types of insurance cover property housed at a specific location, but tools and equipment that travel with employees to nearby job sites may also be covered.

However, if your business frequently ships products or equipment, you may want to consider purchasing inland marine insurance. This type of coverage is especially important if you ship high-value products or materials, which are often excluded from basic property coverage. Inland marine insurance can cover a wide range of specialty equipment and products, including:

  • Computers, everything from servers to laptops.
  • Communications and networking equipment.
  • Construction and contracting equipment.
  • Medical and scientific equipment.
  • Photography equipment.

A Commercial Inland Marine Floater ensures your property which is movable or transportable has a broader protection than what may be provided by the typical property policy. This affordable protection is for the tools, equipment, merchandise, and items you transport for your business no matter where they go or where they are located. You will be protected for damages caused by accidents, theft, vandalism, or total loss. These policies are almost always written on an all risk basis as opposed to named perils.

South Carolina Personal Inland Marine policies can expand the coverage in your home owners policy to protect your investments in items such as jewelry, furs, fine arts, cameras, musical instruments, collections, sports equipment, or computers. Items insured are usually of relatively high value and portable.

At First South Insurance Agency, having a workplace that is protected gives you extra security. As a South Carolina employer, you have an obligation to ensure a safe work place and the law requires a business to have Workers Compensation Insurance. Workers Comp insurance can provide the coverage to protect you from those unpredictable occurrences.

We can offer many different programs for different industries in South Carolina, in order to customize a package that fits your needs and industry. We take a proactive approach to our clients' Workers Compensation challenges. We will work to reduce your insurance costs, thereby saving you money this year and years to come.

Coverage and benefits can be obtained for the worker no matter who is at fault. For those workers injured in the workplace, medical expenses and income replacement may be necessary. Our network of companies and experienced agents can analyze your South Carolina workers comp insurance needs. By contacting us today, we can assist and guide you through these complicated steps.

How does this benefit the South Carolina business owner?

  • Reduced injuries and losses
  • Reduced medical and disability costs
  • Reduced policy adjustments
  • Reduced premium costs

It pays to review your policy yearly to make sure you are receiving all of the discounts your business is entitled to. At First South, we have provided workers compensation insurance for the businesses in our state for a long time. You will receive valuable, accurate insurance information pertaining to the workers compensation aspect of your business.

Serving alcohol at a special event or owning a business that serves alcohol always involves an element of risk. Liquor liability insurance protects your company against loss or damages claimed as the result of a patron of your business becoming intoxicated and injuring themselves or others. If your business manufactures, sells, serves, or facilitates the use or purchase of alcohol, then you need liquor liability insurance coverage.

If you're planning a special event in South Carolina, we have special event insurance to protect against those unexpected incidents. We can tailor a package that will cover your wedding, rock concert or athletic competition.

We can use different insurance companies to find the right coverage for an affordable price for your special event. We can tailor a liability policy to cover either your entire event & organization or your staff or participating individuals. We can also find policies that include liquor liability that may be needed at weddings if the venue requires coverage for staff or bartenders.

  • Weddings
  • Corporate Events
  • Company Meetings
  • Birthday Parties
  • Fundraisers
  • Sporting Events
  • Celebrations or Parades
  • Auto or Horse Shows
  • Concerts
  • And much more!

Different surety needs are met by different classes of surety bonds. We have decades of experience servicing contractors and businesses big and small giving us the complete understanding of contracts needed to help your company grow. We deal only with the most trusted sureties, and have a proven record of placing bonds for business owners and contractors new to bonded work to the most difficult bonds for hazardous work to owners with inexperience on larger project and those with financial difficulties.

We specialize in providing South Carolina small and large businesses with the following types of bonds:

  • Contract Bond - guarantees that an entity awarded a contract will meet its obligations under that contract. Included in this group are bid bonds, performance bonds, payment bonds, maintenance bonds and supply bonds.
  • Subdivision Bonds - guarantee that developers will make certain "off site" or "public" land improvements in accordance with state, county or municipal specifications.
  • Commercial Surety Bond - can guarantee a variety of business obligations which require surety bonds. Commercial Surety Bonds include all non-contract surety bonds, including numerous types of license and permit, miscellaneous and court bonds.
  • License & Permit Bonds - guarantee that individuals granted a license or permit to operate a business or to exercise a privilege will meet the obligations under that license or permit.